Our Unusual Animals vinyl series of 7inch vinyls is now four deep. The latest installation, which came out a few weeks ago and sports a Jared Chapman drawn manatee on its cover, features our own Cryptacize on the A-side reframing a Steely Dan hit, sans super-studio million dollars. (Sometimes an autoharp is all you need.) And on the B-side of the record, Why? expertly manages to anthemize Bob Dylan’s "As I Went Out One Morning." Click here to read more about the 7inch, or here to buy it for $6.
Cryptacize recently sat down with HexEd Journal and found themselves defending Steely Dan, as much as anyone can: "The beauty of Steely Dan is that you can ‘get it’ or ‘not get it’ on so many different levels." Read the interview here.
PS. Cryptacize is playing in Atlanta, Athens (at Popfest), Nashville, and Charlotte over the next couple of weeks. Click here for details.
Forthcoming from AKR
- Helado Negro Double Youth(September 2 2014)
- Castanets Decimation Blues(August 19 2014)
- My Brightest Diamond This Is My Hand(September 16 2014)
- Mozart’s Sister Being(August 5 2014)
New releases from AKR
- My Brightest Diamond None More Than You(July 15 2014)
- Lily & Madeleine Lily & Madeleine (Acoustic Sessions)(July 8 2014)
- Sufjan Stevens Enjoy Your Rabbit(June 24 2014)
- Half-handed Cloud Flying Scroll Flight Control(June 10 2014)
- Chris Schlarb Making The Saint(May 27 2014)
- Helado Negro Island Universe Story Three(May 6 2014)
- Rafter It’s Reggae(April 1 2014)
- Sisyphus Sisyphus(March 18 2014)
- Linda Perhacs The Soul of All Natural Things(March 4 2014)
- Asthmatic Kitty Winter Sampler 2013/2014(November 26 2013)