Our Unusual Animals vinyl series of 7inch vinyls is now four deep. The latest installation, which came out a few weeks ago and sports a Jared Chapman drawn manatee on its cover, features our own Cryptacize on the A-side reframing a Steely Dan hit, sans super-studio million dollars. (Sometimes an autoharp is all you need.) And on the B-side of the record, Why? expertly manages to anthemize Bob Dylan’s "As I Went Out One Morning." Click here to read more about the 7inch, or here to buy it for $6.
Cryptacize recently sat down with HexEd Journal and found themselves defending Steely Dan, as much as anyone can: "The beauty of Steely Dan is that you can ‘get it’ or ‘not get it’ on so many different levels." Read the interview here.
PS. Cryptacize is playing in Atlanta, Athens (at Popfest), Nashville, and Charlotte over the next couple of weeks. Click here for details.
Forthcoming from AKR
- My Brightest Diamond I Had Grown Wild(May 18 2015)
New releases from AKR
- Sufjan Stevens Carrie & Lowell(March 31 2015)
- Lily & Madeleine Blue Blades Acoustic Sessions(March 3 2015)
- Lily & Madeleine Fumes(October 28 2014)
- My Brightest Diamond This Is My Hand(September 16 2014)
- Helado Negro Double Youth(September 2 2014)
- Castanets Decimation Blues(August 19 2014)
- Mozart’s Sister Being(August 5 2014)
- My Brightest Diamond None More Than You(July 15 2014)
- Lily & Madeleine Lily & Madeleine (Acoustic Sessions)(July 8 2014)
- Sufjan Stevens Enjoy Your Rabbit(June 24 2014)